Neither the electronic magnet nor the separation in the overflow can be called state-of-the art as the result of this out-dated application leads to growing copper impurities in shredded scrap.
The SICON-team is known for optimizing processes with the result of improved product quality of shredded scrap and a more user-friendly process management. SICON remains a pioneer on addressing the problem of the gradually increasing copper content in shredder scrap. The real problem is not to be found in the status-quo of the process but is rather a design flow of currently implemented Fe-Separation applications.
Today’s common classification of electronic magnets leads to
- considerable diversion of copper in the fe-stream. A second magnet improves the result but does not change anything about the general disadvantages. As a consequence hand pickers are overburdened. The PrimeScrap can significantly reduce the copper impurities; nevertheless, optimizing the magnet drum is the key performance booster to achieve higher shredder scrap quality.
- power throughout operation time. Electronic magnets heat up causing output losses. This becomes clearly obvious in the loss of round `Fe-Nuggets` with progressing operation time.
SICON Both disadvantages are not acceptable in times of strong competition and cost pressure. SICON recommends permanent magnets to shredder operators with the following advantages:
- Changing polarity (jammed parts can be newly adjusted and released)
- Side walls serve as baffle plates (the material flow can be better controlled during running drum; also material loss is prevented)
- Easy changeable inserted wear plates
The SICON-permanent magnets for the sorting of ferrous metals (Ferrous Downstream) are available in the following sizes:
- Width: 63” – 87” (1,600 – 2,200 mm)
- Diameter: 50” – 63” (1,250 – 1,600 mm)
Improve your shredder scrap quality and increase your recovery rates for higher profits with state-of- the-art technology from SICON and see the results month-after-month for yourself! Contact us today for your personal consultation with our dedicated Team!
For related articles and news on Separation and Sorting visit our Separation and Sorting Technology Zone
Sign up for Separation and Sorting Technology E-Updates
Recent Separation and Sorting Technology e-newsletters
Read our last “Separation and Sorting Technology” e-newsletter campaigns here: