These machines aggressively reduce the size and densify pre-shredded material whilst liberating the various different fractions and allowing for better downstream separation. With a special design of the rotor, the EcoShred® Vertec achieves maximum liberation in applications such as processing of meatballs or electric motors.
The breakers in the upper part of the chamber smash the material until it is small enough to enter the gap between the milling rings or hammers (depending on the application) and chamber liners. Three stages of liberation and compacting create a product which is both clean and of high bulk density suitable for further separation or recycling. Adjustments to the rotor speed and distance between the stator lines and hammers make the EcoShred® Vertec highly adoptable to customers‘ precise application requirements.
Typical applications include
- Aluminium – Castings, profiles, UBC’s etc.
- Steelscrap – Pre-shredded steel sheets, metal drums etc.
- Electric motors
- Household appliances
- Generation of nuggets/ coolant scrap
- Strong welded construction from heavy gauge, wear resistance steel plate.
- Integral, annealed and CNC bored two piece chamber for quick access and simplified maintenance.
- Durable, wear resistant, replaceable breakers, milling rings and chamber liners
- Oversized, spherical rotor bearings with advanced seal protection – prevents bearing damage due to product migration
- Adjustable product size control
- Replaceable wear plates in the chamber
- Stand alone electrical control panel
- Tested, approved and certified to the applicable CE safety standards (UL in the US)
- Frequency controlled drive
For related articles and news on Size Reduction Technologies visit our Size Reduction Technology Zone
Sign up for Size Reduction E-Updates
Recent Size Reduction e-newsletters
Read our last “Size Reduction” e-newsletter campaigns here: