Endura-Veyor’s Trommel Screens are built for years of service with low maintenance requirements, providing a great return on investment.
How it works
The Trommel screen is a large diameter tube with screening panels, which rotates to transmit product through while separating out smaller material. The Trommel is set at a forward tilt and flights are located on the interior surface in order to continuously tumble and guide product forward. As the material moves through this piece of separation equipment, pieces smaller than screen holes fall through the screens, while the larger product exits the tube at the discharge end for further processing.
The screening panels are removable, providing the versatility of changing to panels with a different hole size for improved separation, or for various product streams.
Endura-Veyor’s OCC Screens are engineered and built to separate old corrugated cardboard from other fiber, various plastics, metal containers, glass and debris. Our design agitates the material stream releasing other types of materials and contaminants from the larger OCC product. Smaller material passes through the openings between the discs, while the OCC proceeds up the screen deck continuing on thru the system.
“Our Endura-Veyor star screen has been the work horse of our sort line. We have been operating it for 3 years and it requires only minimal maintenance. We expect this screen too far out live its 5 year depreciation period and continue to produce for us.” – Phillip Drew, General Manager, Recycling Management Resources (RMR), Louisville Plant.
- Available in single or double deck designs
- Adjustable disc configurations are available to provide for the optimum production rates and product specification
- Adjustable deck speed allows for fast changes to meet processing requirements
- Hydraulically adjustable incline angle to achieve production rates with optimum material separation.
- Heavy duty support structure with gusseted support legs, mounting plates and optional service platforms
- Access doors allow for entrance to the disc area for faster maintenance
- Central lube blocks for easy bearing lubrication
- Discs can be removed without shaft or bearing removal
- Anti-wrap shafts with easy clean design minimizes down time while making cleaning easier
- Anti-roll feature prevents discs from rotating while machine is turned off
- Durable powder coat finish is standard
- Significantly improves the throughput and production efficiency of sorting and recycling facilities
- Separates cardboard from the material stream
- Low maintenance and operating costs
- Minimal wear on metal discs
- Commercial & industrial waste sorting • Single-stream collection sorting
- Standalone OCC cleaning solutions
- Fiber sorting
Sign up for Separation and Sorting Technology E-Updates
Recent Separation and Sorting Technology e-newsletters
Read our last “Separation and Sorting Technology” e-newsletter campaigns here: