The Manager of Landfill Operations course is a comprehensive primer in the study of modern landfills; including fundamental area of study such as operations, site design, regulations, health and safety, cost controls and other issues pertinent to planning, operating, and closing landfills.
The course is offered by SWANA as preparation for Landfill Management Certification, required by many jurisdictions as requirement to operate compliant and safe landfill facilities.
The objectives of the course include:
- Understanding the scope of landfill importance, purpose, characteristics, design, equipment, and regulatory compliance
- Understanding and managing daily operational procedures
- Improving landfill safety
- Understanding construction and surveying practices
- How to implement and manage effective monitoring systems
- Maximizing landfill site administration
- Improving efficiency and controlling costs
Who Should Attend
Landfill owners, managers, and supervisors, as well as engineers and consultants.
The course manual is Manager of Landfill Operations. This comprehensive operations manual covers the following topics, and more with supplemental images, graphs and examples for participants to discuss and serves as a must-have on the job reference tool.
- Landfill Basics
- Landfill Layout and Siting
- Landfill Design and Construction
- Landfill Equipment
- Landfill Operations
- Leachate and Landfill Gas Management
- Groundwater Monitoring
- Landfill Economics
- Safety Issues and Planning
- Landfill Administration
- Closure Issues
June 11–14, 2018 | Certification Exam: June 14, 2018
Registration closes June 4, 2018
Early Bird — $995 until January 31 | Advanced — $1095 through April 30 | Standard — $1295 after April 30
Early Bird — $1295 until January 31 | Advanced — $1395 through April 30 | Standard — $1595 after April 30
11 Jun 2018 - 14 Jun 2018
The Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) is an organization of public and private sector professionals committed to advancing from solid waste management to resource management through their shared emphasis on education, advocacy and research. For more than 50 years, SWANA has been the leading association in the solid waste management field. ...