Close this search box.

AKS Skip Hire Choose HAAS TYRON For C&D Shredding

AKS Skip Hire Choose HAAS TYRON For C&D Shredding
17 Feb 2021  |
AKS Skip Hire Services Ltd, is a family run skip hire business based in Norwich and also a valued customer of our distributor CRJ. They supply over 600 skips across their region and offer a tipping service at their waste transfer station.

AKS recycles 100% of the material they receive, 85% of which is done on-site, with the remaining 15% used by a local power station as fuel.  They process a range of waste streams with the majority being construction and demolition waste.  

As the company continues to grow and increase the tonnages of waste they process, the decision was taken to purchase a shredder that could reduce the volume of bulky C&D waste on-site. The shredder needed to be able to reduce the bulk of the waste, while producing a consistent particle size that can be easily picked through their picking line.  

“The new shredder was needed as we had increasing volumes of waste coming into our site. We have found that shredding the waste down allows us to process it quicker through our picking line. As with all transfer stations, I think you always tend to need more room, and this way we can control the volumes of waste on-site and process the material quicker.” Keven Nixon – Director at AKS Skip Hire Services 

As CRJ Services had an existing relationship with AKS, they were once again consulted on the purchase of AKS’s new shredder. Keven Nixon, director at AKS Skip Hire had several machines come to the site for demonstrations, including the HAAS TYRON 2000XL 2.0 provided by CRJ.  

“I looked at two of three different types of machine, and the HAAS was the best value for money. The demonstration was good, and (CRJ’s) team came to the site and did a good demo for me, which swung my decision.  The machine did exactly what I wanted it to do. I tried every material I needed to, and it performed above expectations.” 

The HAAS TYRON is an incredibly versatile machine, which is perfect for AKS who processes various waste streams on site. The independently driven twin shafts have a number of settings for different waste streams, which allows the customer to switch the materials being shred in a matter of minutes.  

Not only does the HAAS TYRON boast impressive performance, but it is also very easy and time-efficient to maintain. This is in part down to the ground level access to the underneath of the shredding chamber, as well as the increased amount of space around the engine and hydraulic compartments, making daily checks and servicing easier and quicker. 

“It is still early days as we have only had the machine 3 or 4 weeks, but so far so good. The machine is performing well, and the backup has been great. We have also had the telematics (online monitoring) and fire suppression fitted, so we are all up and running, and everything is going well at the moment.” 

Share this article

This article is published by

The family-run business was founded in 1989 by Volker Haas. At first, HAAS focused on the design and manufacturing of vertical and horizontal drum chippers, screens and conveyors for the sawmill industry. The primary production...

Related Articles